March 14, 2012

Day 19: Deja... where am I?

Kris posted something existential so I thought I'd follow suit.  Mines a little less 'big life questions' but whatever. 

Do you ever just forget where you are?  Not like a senile freak out but just a momentary lapse.  Like you're not even sure it even happened.  Except its happened to me a few times.  The first time was in Greenville.  I was sitting at my desk in my dorm room and I forgot just for split second where I was.  It was like I could've been back in California or on the other side of the world.  It's almost as if my life just slips out of context for a second.  I'm forming a theory about why it happens.  I think it's because I spent so much time in childhood living and forming new memories that my brain just goes back there as an automatic thing.  Its like my brain just resets itself.  Anyway, it happened to me recently and I just thought "I wonder if this has ever happened to anyone else?"  So I thought I should write about it and find out. 

I wonder if its the opposite of deja vu....

No comments:

Post a Comment