March 12, 2012

Day 17: Ouch

So last night I was in my bed sleeping like a baby when all of the sudden I was ATTACKED BY VIOLENT BACK PAIN!  It's really hard to be half awake and in pain because its hard to understand whats going on.  My first thought was my back needed to be popped or cracked or something.  After many failed attempts at doing that, I came to the conclusion that my body was trying to kill me.  Then I realized bodies don't have minds of their own and even if they did, it would be illogical to destroy itself.  Then I realized it was probably my kidney because I was pretty certain I had a UTI and the student health center is closed on the weekend so I hadn't had a chance to see a doctor yet.  Luckily the urgent care was open at 8 this morning and John graciously decided to skipped class to take me.  I'm still in a bit of pain but I have antibiotics now so it'll be gone soon. 

You know, sometimes our bodies have a fucked up way of telling us something is wrong.  Next time I would like a note from my body that just says "Um, excuse me?  There's an infection in here.  Can you go to the doctor and get it out please?  Thank you" instead of screaming "OMG YOU'RE DYING!  ABANDON ALL HOPE AND RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment