March 18, 2015

Stupid Pharmacy

I tried to switch my pills my to an online pharmacy this month.  It did not go well.  For those who don't know, I had my thyroid removed when I was 21 which means I need to take replacement hormones for the rest of my life.  I take one pill every morning.  However, my stupid insurance doesn't trust me with more than one months worth of pills at a time unless I get them in the mail for some reason.  So I wanted to switch to a mail service so I don't have to go to the store every month (or more accurately have John pick them up for me).  I went online and did the transfer at the beginning of the month.  Then yesterday I got a call telling me to check the website for an important update.  I went online and my order was cancelled.  That was it.  No explanation.  So I sent them a message asking why.  They responded that my doctor didn't respond to their request to approve the refills so they gave up after 10 days.  Of course she didn't approve them!  She just wrote me a new prescription that was filled at the grocery store.  Your only job was to contact the grocery store and have the prescription moved.  I called the doctors office and she confirmed that this is indeed how it works.  Ugh.  I called customer service and they just said something like "well, that's how we do things..." so I just cancelled my account and switched my prescription over to walgreens.  They do in store AND mail service and it takes less time.  I probably should have done more research before I tried that pharmacy anyway.  Hopefully walgreens has their shit together and they know how to do a simple transfer.

That was the fasted blog that I've typed up in a while.  I guess I'm in a ranty mood.  I just need my pills and I get anxious when shit goes wrong regarding the medication that I require to continue living.  I mean it would probably take me a long time to die without it but I would start getting really depressed.  So yeah.... lent's over halfway over.  Can't wait for that Easter chocolate.  Mmmmm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment