March 10, 2015

Obsession or Stubborn?

I think I have a problem.  I get really caught up in things if I'm determined to learn something/find something.  It completely dominates my life until I resolve the issue.  Last night I literally spent FIVE HOURS searching for a song on the internet by typing in all the lyrics I could remember and even going through my Youtube history from YEARS ago until I found it.  I had actually "given up" for the evening after midnight came around and went to bed.  Only I couldn't sleep.  I was still convinced that I remembered the title, but it was unfortunately generic.  When I typed it into Youtube, I couldn't find it at all.  Typing it into Google didn't help either, I just kept getting lyrics for the other songs.

Fifteen minutes after laying in bed, I suddenly remembered the most generic of the lyrics and-knowing it was the longest of long shots-typed it into Google via my phone.  The song came up and I was able to track it down through Youtube!  If that isn't obsessive, I don't know what is.  I literally couldn't settle myself to sleep until I had figured out how to find a copy of this song to listen to.  I think I need to find a way to purchase it so that I don't have to worry so much about it in the future...unless I manage to lose the copy I buy.  If only I could have this much tenacity at other things, I could be so much more accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment