March 30, 2015

Home Stretch

I read Angela's post before posting again.  This time it was a good thing.  She posted similar things to what I was going to post.  Now I feel a little obligated to do something different.

I kind of feel like I failed Lent this year.  I don't know why.  Perhaps it was all of the business of the time for RCIA and church things, it didn't really lend well to allowing me to just go through the experience.  About the best part of this Lent was going on that retreat a couple of Saturdays ago.  I feel like I came to terms with some really big stuff in my life on that day.

There are a couple of retreats coming up after Lent.  I'm considering going to them and keeping a journal about the experiences.  It seems like something that would be beneficial.  I could use more time with God.  In fact, that's a really bizarre statement, considering I work at two churches.  You'd think you would have more time for worship.  It seems like since I've got more access to church, I tend to spend more time in prayer than I did before, but I'm not sure that I actually have set aside more time to really spend in worship.  So yeah, kind of disappointed with myself, but there will be other Lents.  Only a few more days until Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment