March 2, 2015

Sick Baby

Well, my little cutie is sick.  Like everything he does, it happened very suddenly.  One minute he was completely normal and playing around and then we sat down to dinner and he didn't want any food and looked like he was falling asleep.  I took his temperature after dinner and it was over 100.  He wasn't fussy and he fell asleep as soon as we put him in bed.  I checked on him an hour later and he seemed better and his skin was cooler so I didn't bother him the rest of the night.  Then this morning his temp was 101.7.  So I gave him some tylenol and he watched cartoons on the couch for a few hours and then got up to play like nothing happened.  He even insisted heavily that we go outside to play so I let him explore for a bit.  I just put him down for a nap and he didn't protest at all like he usually does.  He still feels a bit warm to me so I'm gonna check his temp again when he wakes up. 

It just seems so random to me cause his only symptom is fever (and tiredness).  I'm kinda wondering if he got bit by something yesterday when we were outside.  Or maybe ate something weird.  John and I were both working on stuff so we weren't really watching him like a hawk.  He's been pretty good about not eating non-food stuff lately.  There's nothing wrong with his appetite though.  He was asking for bites of my lunch while holding unto pieces of his own lunch. 

I know this is normal and he seems to be getting better but it's hard not to worry about babies especially when he can't even talk yet.  Babies are so helpless. 


Morning Bishop

























Afternoon Bishop


No comments:

Post a Comment