March 20, 2017

We're Really Bad at Watching Stranger Things

Do you ever have something to watch or read that's really good and interesting but you just take forever to get through it?  It happens from time to time in our household but I picked Stranger Things because it is an excellent example of what I'm talking about because it is an excellent show and there's only 8 episodes.  Despite this, we have only just finished watching episode 6: the Monster.  It took us forever to start watching it despite many people raving about its quality and now its taking forever to get through it despite our desire to find out what is happening.  It's been at least months since we started watching it which is a very ridiculous amount of time for 8 hours of program. 

Another example of this anomaly of procrastination despite quality content is when I was reading the Prince Lestat.  It took me almost 2 years to make it through that book and it was such a good book.  I COULDN'T WAIT for the sequel and was super excited that it was coming out within a few months of me finishing Prince Lestat.  It came out like 6 months ago and I still haven't even bought it.  I'm gonna blame having kids.  It makes you forget all the awesome stuff you want to watch/read.  

I'm sure there's plenty more examples but it's TACO TIME!  It's taco Monday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment