March 8, 2017

Catching Up!

So I finally had a moment to sit down and catch up on Angela's portion of the Lent blog and man...it has been TOO LONG since we've really talked.  I was definitely not involved with that campfire story, but I vaguely recall being prodded by Angela to join in.  As ever, I'm terrible when it comes to committing to writing.  This is, without a doubt, the worst trouble that I have:  sitting down and doing it.

Instead, I tend to fall head first into role playing.  I have a number of irons in this fire and I'm starting realize a couple of things:  Firstly, in trying to pay more attention to what's going on around me so that I can pray for others, I've come to realize that I don't pay a lot of attention to what's going on around me at all.  Second, when I do take a moment to consider my surroundings, my writing gets better, much more interesting, and I can incorporate new ideas into it.  For some reason, I always figured spending more time in my head would be a wonderful thing, but it's actually terrible for your writing.  The more you observe others and events as they're occurring, the more you gain a better understanding of the world around you, and the better you can interpret this into your work.

And for the record, Angela, I'm interested in these things!

No comments:

Post a Comment