March 1, 2013

Peer Pressure

I feel like the teachers at the school I work with are trying to thwart my Lentness.  Today they had their delicious chili cook-off which I couldn't participate in and later on in Lent, we're going to Medieval Times (which if you are unfamiliar with how it works, they serve tasty fire roasted chicken).  I had to stay back in the teacher lounge today to keep myself from wanting to indulge.  I really probably would have, but I remembered Father saying he was giving up meat for the entirety of Lent.  Really when it comes down to it, not eating meat for one day won't kill me.  But it leaves my tastebuds sad and neglected for delicious chili.

I should have participated.  I had an idea for making a vegetarian chili, but it never materialized.  I spent all day in school yesterday, then all night at class.  By the time I got home, I was so exhausted that all I could do was go to sleep.  I almost slept past my alarm and had to shower so...again, no chili ever materialized.  I guess we will always be left with the question of whether or not I could have made delicious vegetarian chili.  Maybe I still will one of these Fridays.

Stay tuned to find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment