March 2, 2013

End of an Era

Today I watched the chair I grew up with being taken apart and helped to bring in a new recliner.  This shouldn't be a momentous occasion really, but my parents have had the same furniture since they were married.  This means that this furniture has been in our family for almost 35 years.  It was a little surreal seeing the first of it destroyed.  Later on, we're going to be getting a new pair of couches, though, so everything will be gone.

I still think we need to float the couches down the river and give them a good old fashioned viking funeral, but my parents seem to be hell bent on destroying it before it leaves the house.  Maybe I should suggest that this is for my blog and it ought to be something amazing!  It certainly would make for some interesting stories.  "Remember that time we gave our furniture a viking funeral?"  Besides, this furniture is a little over 1/3 of a century old.  It deserves to out spectacularly and in flame.



Ok, I completely forgot what I was going to write about today.  But when I remember, it was something really cool.  For now, you get a furniture story.

No comments:

Post a Comment