February 28, 2013

Drifting

I have spent so much time doing school work that I feel like I have absolutely no creativity left in me.  About a week ago, I was brimming with ideas.  Those ideas have been killed by relentless onslaught of assignment after assignment.

I'm sorry, but I fail to see how it's "best practice" to teach teachers that the only way to learn is by giving unreasonable amounts of homework weekly, expecting students to finish it, and then have them sit through lectures as well.  My school has absolutely killed my desire to continue learning in this field and almost to continue wanting to teach altogether.  The irony here is that if I do get a job teaching, I have to do continuing education classes in order to maintain my certification.  They literally have me coming and going.

This week alone, I just finished ten reflections, the fourth major paper in four weeks, and a multitude of other assignments which are mostly minor but when put together with being in the classroom daily and the things I have to do for church, I am left with only brief periods of time to devote to this blog before bed.  This cycle is destroying my creativity and my desire to wake up in the mornings.  My organiziation has failed, my health has deteriorated with illness, and there's no promise of a job in my future.

I feel like I'm barely keeping my head above water and listlessly drifting without any real plan.


On a less depressing note, have some kitties:

No comments:

Post a Comment