October 19, 2018

Stubborn

I think I've mentioned before that Marshall seems to act more like me.  Bishop definitely acts like John and as Marshall's personality emerges, I see myself in him.  At first it was adorable: hiding under pillows, grunting at things he didn't like, his love of stuffed animals.  Now it's apparent he also got my stubbornness.  It is very annoying.  Bishop was never this stubborn. 

It seems contradictory that a person like me with such an agreeable personality would be stubborn.  I guess it's good in a way.  I think it prevents me from getting walked all over.  And it takes a very specific circumstance for it to come out.  However, since Marshall is a toddler and just beginning to assert his own will, his stubbornness is out all the fucking time.  It goes something like this: you need me to sit on couch so you can put my socks on to leave? I've got a very important drawing to finish on this chalk board.  You need me to stand up to put my sweater on? I'm just gonna sit here until you mad.  You need 10 minutes alone to finish typing out your blog? I'm going to hang off your arm until you start blogging about how annoying I am and then put me on time-out.  That example isn't current.  Marshall's napping right now.  But Bishop was just over here asking me for food and leaning on me.  But he left when I told him I needed some space because he's not a stubborn jerk. 

That was mean.  Marshall's not a jerk.  Not all the time.  He's just a toddler.  I'm pretty sure the words 'toddler' and 'jerk' are interchangeable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment