February 29, 2012

Homework

This house has become a prison.  I look outside and I see how beautiful it is.  It's sunny, it's cheerful, it looks warm and inviting.  Even though we didn't have a lot of snow this winter, it was still dark and dreary most of the time.  Spring is around the corner and today makes this all the more clear!

And yet, the evil homework monster lurks over my shoulder like a jailor dangling the keys to my cell before my eyes.  "Sure, it's nice out, but you get no reprieve.  Think about that next time you decide to further your education."  I hate you homework monster.  Little do you realize that it is not my prison into which you are looking and laughing at, but my not so secret lair in which I am plotting your demise.  Each assignment I finish is another piece of you destroyed.  But you don't see that do you?  You just stand there and laugh and laugh and laugh and laugh and laugh and laugh and laugh and laugh.

One day you will be gone and then I will have the last laugh and the sunshine on my face.  One day, one day...one....day...

No comments:

Post a Comment