October 15, 2018

Learning

You know how when you learn something new and your brain just naturally obsesses over the new information like a whole brain infection?  For me that process happens inside where nobody can see it.  For Bishop, it comes out his mouth and infects the whole apartment.  This weekend he was sitting on the couch just saying and spelling 'the' over and over again.  I often find him at the fridge with his alphabet magnets singing and spelling out words.  It's bizarre in a way because I'm pretty sure I didn't start learning to read until 1st grade.  But it's amazing to see how fast he's catching on.  It's like his brain has set fire with learning.  He's so good at it.  It kinda makes me feel bad for not sending him to preschool.  Although that obviously didn't slow him down at all so I guess no harm done. 

I'm just so happy that he loves it.  His enthusiasm is spreading to Marshall too.  I often hear Marshall shouting random letters and sounds while he plays with the alphabet.  He's rarely correct, but he's trying.  Marshall's basically a little echo machine right now.  I like to thing of him as Bishops hype man.  He's just there to be supportive and repeat the last few words of whatever Bishop says. 

Bishop with hype man

No comments:

Post a Comment