October 4, 2018

We're Going on an Adventure, Bishop

Today I went to visit my mom and dad because Bishop had the day off school.  I wanted to get away from our apartment for the day so my kids didn't go crazy in it.  They're like little volcano's.  I have to get them out before they explode.

Bishop and I took a walk in the woods together.  At one point, Bishop started to get complain-y about the length of our walk and I said "But we're going on an adventure, Bishop!  Don't you want to go on an adventure?" He told me he did not.  At that point, I walked off the path and into the woods.  He reluctantly followed.  He asked me to turn back but I kept going.  I stopped about 30 feet from the road.  Then Bishop suddenly got into it and kept walking.  I hesitated because I didn't want to get too far from the path.  He turned to me and said "Lets go on an adventure, Mommy!"  There is NO POSSIBLE WAY I could have said no to that.  So I followed him.  Luckily he got bored about 50 feet in.  If you're trying to picture the distances in your head, don't try too hard because I'm terrible at estimating distance.  I have zero spatial awareness.

We made it back alive.

Safe on the trail

Mid-Adventure


No comments:

Post a Comment