October 18, 2018

Sick but Chill

Not like the good 'sick' when you're describing something awesome.  I don't like using that slang anyway.  I prefer 'sweet' because it's not contradictory.  But I am sick today.  Just a little bit.  It's either the start of a cold or a minor inconvenience that will hopefully be gone soon.  Seriously, I've got a sweet party to get to this weekend.  Don't ruin this for me immune system! 

I do feel super chill though because I'm tired but also happy.  It's a feeling of contentment that happens when all my business and personal affairs are in order.  That's sentence sounds way more sophisticated than my life actually is.  My life is actually super messy.  There are kids in it, it has to be that way.  For example, as I'm typing this, Marshall is hanging off my arm and testing to see how much of my personal space he can invade before I push him away again.  Because he's a cat.  He's like 2 minutes away from laying on my keyboard. 

Marshall got a new friend yesterday.  We were browsing at the thrift store and he picked out a bear.  Bears seem to be his favorite.  He picked out a bear last time too and I realized they're both from build-a-bear.  Maybe I should take him there for his birthday. 

Marshall and his newest bff

No comments:

Post a Comment