October 26, 2018

I Know I'm Slowing Down

How did I use to do this for 6 weeks?  Am I slacking off cause it's day 26 or because I know it's close to the end?  It's like in school when you know summer's coming and you just don't want to do your work anymore because you know soon you won't have to.  Maybe I should just pick a completely random topic and rant about it.  I haven't done that in a while.  My ranting muscles are getting weak.  Okay I got one:

Older people complaining about younger people.  Why do we do this?  There's just something inside us that feels compelled to complain about how people not our age do things.  I guess it goes both ways.  But older people should know better because they used to be young and had to endure old people complain about them.  Like I used to hear people complain about my generation and I would just think 'dude, I'm just doing my best' and now I hear people my age complain about people younger and think 'dude... they're just doing their best'.  It's not like people are born fundamentally different than they were 20 years ago.  Although I guess that would point to the nature versus nurture debate.  I guess I fall more on the nature side of that.  I mean I think it's both but I think most of a person is just how their born and then they learn how to respond to the world through nurture. 

This is way less ranty than I intended.  I was just gonna complain about people complaining and I ended up thinking too seriously about it.  I feel like this happens a lot when John tries to joke with me.  I insert logic where it's not meant to be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment