October 21, 2018

Safari City

I just got back into my account so that I can post again.  Woohoo!  I literally JUST received the e-mail that my account was unlocked after being told it would be unlocked in 3-5 days.  It took more than a week.  Thanks Google.

I thought about a random event that happened to me just before I moved to the city and I suddenly realized I wanted to share it with you wonderful people!

I was out getting a tour of the city I was moving to a few months ago when I saw a guy running down the street wearing an old English safari outfit.  I was looking for a reference to go with this story, but I couldn't find one with an actual person because apparently these outfits are SO DATED that you can't even get a real life reference shot!  I'll have to go with the animated one for reference:

Not an actual person, but looks close to the actual person!

So an older man with silver hair, a mustache like the one in the above picture, and minus the cane and gun was running through the city.  I saw him three times and failed to get a picture, which is clearly entirely unacceptable.  I kept hoping that someone was running behind him in a lion suit, but there was no one else.  The last time I saw him he was slowing down and walking.  This leaves me with so many questions.

Did that guy own that safari outfit from his youth?  Has he ever gone on safari?  Is he training to go on safari?  If he hasn't owned it for a while, where did he find one?  I can't even find a good ference picture!  Why does he wear a safari outfit when he's out for a jog?  Was he being chased by invisible lions?  What happened to his rifle?  Is he making a statement about how the city is like a jungle?  Is he a superhero?  Does he know he should become one?

I don't know who you are Safari Man, but I love you and the memory I will always have of you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment