February 12, 2016

Yearly Catch Up

I don't have anything terribly interesting to talk about today.  I've been feeling pretty tapped out in terms of creativity lately.  I've had to do a lot of overtime and a lot of extra work this week and it took a mental toll on me.  I thought I might use this space to catch up on a little bit of my last year, though.

I took another new job this year (I'm feeling like this is a trend).  I do purchasing now.  I've also been taking ministry formation classes which have been pretty amazing.  It reminds me how much I enjoy studying philosophy and theology and how inspiring I find it.  I wish I had more time to devote to these classes.  Rather, I wish I had more time to take more classes.

Not much else has changed terribly much this past year, and as a result, I've been spending a lot of time thinking about the direction my life is heading in...again.  I probably do this post once a year now that I think about it.  It seems like we're doomed to repeat the experience of change and reflection, constantly seeking the best possible solution for how one should live their life.  How do the people who are content with their careers do it?  That's a really deep question.

Today's prayer is for vocations.

No comments:

Post a Comment