February 18, 2016

Exhausted Incoherence

Lack of sleep is kind of a fun state for me.  I've been having trouble sleeping since the new year.  I spent the first couple of weeks of January with insomnia, the next couple of weeks of January unable to sleep because of circumstances and being generally busy, and this bled into the first couple of weeks of February of not sleeping because of being generally busy.  This week has been the first time that I started to catch up on sleep in a while.  I slept pretty well on Sunday and Monday night and had high hopes for the rest of the week, but then Tuesday night and last night again I was unable to sleep well.

I've been so tired so much that I've been in a perpetual state of dizzy, half-consciousness.  It feels a little bit like when you sit in a chair that spins and you spin around and around and around, and then you try to walk, except I am able to walk straight at least.  My sister pointed out to me that my train of thought has seemingly been random in my blogs lately, and initially I blamed the issue on the fact that I tend to jump from topic to topic typically anyway.  However, I'm starting to think that it's just lack of sleep that's causing the problem.  I have never been so incoherent, neither have been so unable to recall details of recent days past which is a little disconcerting.  I was going to try to go to bed early tonight too, but here it is, quarter to midnight and I have to be up at 6am.  Woo.

Today's prayer is for Angela :)

No comments:

Post a Comment