February 10, 2016

Ash Wednesday or How I Stoned the Soup

Apparently our soup for Ash Wednesday was a complete hit this year.  We made about as much as we did last year and we had less left over.  That's a win in my book.  The RCIA group did an awesome job with making and serving our soup and Tommy and Haily even came to help out, which was totally awesome.  I enjoy being able to share my faith with my friends who are Protestant with the mutual understanding of respect and communion.  This is probably one of the things I love most about the gifts God has given me; my education at Greenville and my general attitude towards others of differing beliefs has allowed me to make friends and share my faith without offending any of them.  Also, I firmly believe that I have carefully cultivated an amazing set of friends who are very open minded and engaging in these areas anyway (this is the shameless shout out of love to everyone in my life!).

I love the Ash Wednesday service and the Easter Vigil services best because there are always multiple Sacraments occurring on these days.  Confession is going on during Ash Wednesday service while the Eucharist is being distributed, reminding us of God's graces and the importance of drawing nearer to Him.  On Easter, there is baptism, confirmation, and mass occurring on the same day, once again reminding us of how we all enter into communion and a covenant with God.  The diversity and fullness of faith is partly what makes me love Catholicism so much and I am so very grateful for the opportunity that I've had to help direct RCIA.

Today's prayer was for Tim.

1 comment: