February 16, 2016

Crazy or Creativity

A couple of years ago, I created a character that I've been role playing with for a few years now.  Up until this point, I'd always sort of written and played around with telling stories by running D&D games, but something is different with this particular character.  I've started having weird dreams where this character is leading me to deep subconscious conclusions and every once in a while when I am thinking about something random, I get this character's perspective and reaction to it as if we're having a conversation.  I've heard of other artists who have experienced this and it makes me wonder how much of this is insanity and how much of this is imagination fleshing out a character.

Honestly, I don't think I'm crazy, but this is definitely a unique experience that I'm rather excited about.  Perhaps my writing will start to head in the right direction with a little more work, especially since I'm having such an easy time working with this particular character.  I have yet to master the techniques of having two characters really converse and react in my head with one another, but perhaps a little more effort and insanity and I'll be there.  One day I would very much like to see a completed story that isn't just a short story about Jake's pants.  Shout out to Jake!

Today's prayer is for mercy.

No comments:

Post a Comment