April 10, 2014

Ramblings

There are so many things I just want to get into this post right now while I'm inspired.  I've decided to do a series of shorts in a sort of collage because I don't think I can make full posts out of any of them.

The Stone Table

It's not as epic as the Sword in the Stone, but it's basically the same story!  My sister and I came across an advertisement online this past weekend offering a "Free granite table to anyone who could lift it".  Naturally intrigued, we clicked on the link to discover that it was not so much a "table" as much as it was a granite slab just put on top of wooden supports.  We immediately decided that this must be some kind of test.  If you can lift the table, it's yours because you are naturally some manner of royalty right?  If you can lift the table, you can rule from the table.  Too bad it was rectangular instead of round.

Spring at Last!  Spring at Last!

It's finally started to warm up...sort of.  We are STILL getting snow flurries here and there, but overall it is bearable to be outside.  It's also practically jacket weather.  As such, my sister and I have decided to put up a garden.  I can't wait, although the last time we tried this it didn't work out terribly well.  We got like...two small carrots and some mini-corns what had full size kernels.  This year will be different!  Although we are totally going to have to devise a way to keep the rabbits at bay.  Our dog is a good rabbit chaser, but there's only so much she can do at night, and I don't know if we'll get the go ahead to make a fence.  We shall see!

Happy Birthday!

This last is just a shout out to my niece whose birthday it is today.  Lots of love!  I hope your day is wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment