April 19, 2014

Easter Vigil

To finish up the Triduum of Thursday-Saturday before Easter Sunday, we had our Easter Vigil tonight.  I spent pretty much the entire day at church setting up for things, taking things down, setting up again, and running through practices.  I don't think I knew exactly how much goes into these kinds of holidays until I started helping out with them!

I think this vigil has become my favorite.  Watching the new Catholics getting baptized and their first communion was so amazing.  I wish I could put exactly into words how wonderful watching the experience was.  It's something I'm going to have to think about before I can explain exactly, I think.  Still, all of the ritual that is involved with the Easter Vigil is great, especially with reminding us why we are Christian and what we are celebrating.  Also, my fasting is over now.  Woo!

I'll probably do my last post tomorrow as per usual with the obligatory suggestion that we might still blog here and there.  Hey, it could happen right?  Year 3!  Woo!

No comments:

Post a Comment