April 13, 2014

Palm Sunday

I don't remember going to Palm Sunday last year at my church.  I don't know why, but I really have no recollection of it.  Maybe I didn't?  I think maybe I was at another church for some reason.  I'm really glad I went this year though.  My church does this awesome service where we start outside with the palm branches, then come inside with singing.  After that, we have portions of regular mass, then we do like the entire passion scene with call/response from various readers.  It was totally cool.

I was really glad most of the RCIA crowd showed up for it, since I don't think it's a mandatory service for them to be at our particular church but I also haven't been to a service like that before.  Maybe it's because we always went to Saturday service with Grandma?  I remember getting the palms and going in and having the palms blessed, but I don't remember ever doing all that we did today before.

Last week before Easter!

I'm still doing the fasting thing.  Still blogging.  My sister and I are supposed to be starting an exercise video soon so I'm looking forward to that.  I think I took on too much this Lent and maybe not the right things.  Oh well!  I have the rest of the year to do other things!

1 comment: