April 5, 2014

Lateness and Literature

I had pretty much decided to go to bed when I realized I'm late for yet another post.  These haven't been the best for me this year either.

I started reading the Screwtape Letters earlier this week.  I can't put the book down.  I almost finished it in two days, really.  It's a good one.  I can't believe I missed it when I was in college (apparently it's the college must read).  It's terribly creepy in one sense, because it's like the perspective of demons and how they're messing with people.  But then it's entirely mind blowing from another perspective.  I simply can't comprehend how C. S. Lewis completely put a finger on practically every way that we ignore God's call in our lives.  It just boggles my mind.  I would recommend it as a must read, theologian or no.  I'm totally going to go back to Mere Christianity after this, if I can find my copy of it, and have another good read.

That's all really.  Go read a good book!

No comments:

Post a Comment