February 19, 2013

It's In My Nature

Being human is ridiculous sometimes.  I've been so frustrated today dealing with people.  I guess when it comes down to it, we're just really hard to work with.  We're such a bundle of messy psychology and subtlety, that often times miscommunication can create irritation or a barrier between people.  That's not to mention culture, gender, age, and philosophical differences as well.

Sometimes I think part of the reason I study psychology, theology, and philosophy so much as well as indulging in role playing and acting is all to help me understand people better.  I just...want so very much to understand people.  I don't get certain behaviors or personality types.  I try to.  I really do.  But some things are just beyond my grasp.  I can't help but feel like it's possible.  I know it's not.  There are too many diverging ideas and rationalities, explanations, evaluations, ideologies, etc.  No one has been able to nail down human behaviors or understanding in all the years that we've cognitively existed, and no one ever will.  I just can't help but think if there was an answer, maybe I could finally get people...but maybe it's not really that important in the long run either.

No comments:

Post a Comment