April 2, 2012

I have a fever...

And the only cure is more Skyrim.

Spring break is finished and I'm back in school for another quarter.  I can already tell this is going to be even more obnoxious than the last quarter.  So the only solution is to get as much work done as humanly possible and drown my sorrows in Skyrim...or writing.  Writing works too.

But for now, Skyrim!  I don't know what it is about this particular game over the other Elder Scroll series, but it stands out as one of the best in my opinion.  I am completely absorbed into this game in a way that Morrowind and Oblivion failed to do.  I think the reason why has a lot to do with the different way they changed character creation and the CRAP TON OF QUESTS YOU TRIP OVER OMG.

Seriously, you cannot walk out your front door without someone running up to you and telling you that they need you to trim their toe-nails because you are the world's grunt.  Congratulations on being Dragonborn, now go out into the world and do menial tasks for everyone.  Apparently no one else in the world is motivated enough.  I'm hours into the game and dubious about whether or not I can take over the world.  It seems like it should be easy, since you're the only one in existence who can be bothered to do anything.  But I somehow get the sneaking suspicion that when the game ends, I won't be anything more than a very powerful thane of Whiterun...and Solitude...and um...how many thaneships can one have?

Anyway, the game is addictive and engaging and I highly recommend it to anyone lucky enough to have the time to devote to it.  Someday maybe I will have the time to devote to it, but today is not that day...anymore...because I already mostly did...*cough*.

No comments:

Post a Comment