April 7, 2012

After Fast

I'm amazed at how my mental abilities just shut down while I was fasting.  I literally couldn't concentrate on anything.  It wasn't because all I could think about was food either.  Without energy, my body was just all lethargic and my mind completely unfocussed.  I guess I understand now why they say eating is important and not eating is a bad way to lose weight.  Aside from being irritable and otherwise feeling unpleasant, you literally have problems functioning.

I did eat at midnight.  I'm not sure if that's ok, or if you're not supposed to eat until you wake up afterwards, but I couldn't go to bed hungry.  I've done that before.  I wake up feeling more lethargic and can't function all day.  Tomorrow I need to do homework, so not being awake all day was not a possibility.  But at least I did it!  A lent fast!  One day was totally enough for me too, I can't imagine doing this every friday for lent.

Two posts left for me.  I'm going to post on Sunday since I've been doing that all along.  Woo!  Then I can have soda again...I'm just not sure I want to anymore.  Giving it up was probably good for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment