February 17, 2015

Chewing the Fat on Tuesday

I know tomorrow is the beginning of Lent, but I thought I'd jump the gun a bit and start getting back in the habit of posting daily.  I haven't been doing much in the way of writing lately, I'm afraid.  Months have gone by and I've no more touched a pencil than a keyboard on anything substantial or interesting, most unfortunately.  At the very least, I wish I would have kept a journal better.  I feel like I've grown substantially in my faith over the last year; but then, upon reflection, I think I say that a lot.

I've never been the type of person who believes we are the sum of our parts and nothing more, and I quite enjoy reflecting upon all the ways that I've changed and developed over time.  This version of me is quite different than last year's and will most likely be different than next year's, and that tempering process is quite interesting to consider.  At least for me.  I think a lot of the things I've transitioned through have been for the better and I hope to strive for better things in the future.

It is with this in mind that I've decided on three things for Lent this year:

1) Lent Blog
2) Fasting (which is coupled with eating healthier things and more exercise)
3) More Prayer

As if in anticipation of tomorrow, I happened to come down with a head cold which has completely neutralized by appetite.  I've been subsisting on broth and bread for the last couple of days and it's all I really have a desire for today too.  Which is good, considering tomorrow is a day of fasting and abstinence.  I just can't believe how fast Ash Wednesday has approached.  Only a few more weeks until Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment