February 19, 2015

Sympathy for the Brain

I don't know why, but I was feeling a lot of anxiety about today.  Maybe it was all the left over nervousness from everything I've been doing over the last two days, and all the obligations I have for this week?  I had a round of nightmares last night that were pretty wild.  The only thing I really remember from them was that I was fighting something (demons or undead or something) and I kept seeing the cross I wear and my priest randomly cropping up.  Fighting undead with a priest beside you would be pretty badass.

I don't feel like I accomplished much today.  I've started my Lent things, though.  For some reason, having done the fasting thing last year, I have this memory of it being "not so bad".  My brain was all "Nah man, we did this last year.  We got this!"  My body, however is like "You monster!  You monster!  You don't even know what it's like!"  This is obviously to my brain, because my brain likes to think it's cooler than the rest of my body and hold itself aloof from everything else, just because it's "more intelligent".  At the very least, I have a jump start from last year.  I'm feeling the effects of day five on day two because I had been sick since Sunday and unable to each much until yesterday...when I couldn't eat much.  Woo.  Hopefully midweek next week will be better, if I keep on track.

I feel like I should have more things to talk about, but this head cold is preventing me from being witty.  I did have a nice rant in mind for today, but I either lack the wherewithal to give it justice, or I'm feeling a bit lethargic and not in the mood for ranting, because when I sat down to write it out my interest waned.  Hopefully I'll have more to write about tomorrow.  I didn't get a nifty letter in my bulletin giving me ideas to talk about, so I'll have to drum up something else!

Also, I'm leaving this here because I think I had a huge oversight yesterday.  I should have titled it "Krangela's Ashes" and written something else.  Next year...next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment