February 25, 2015

I'm Not Even Sure What This Is

So, before I wrote my blog post today, I decided to watch A Fault in Our Stars because it seemed like a good idea.  Maybe it was, but now all I can think about is how short life is and how we never know how much time we have.

At first I was in that after drama state of mind where everything seems hopeless and sad, but kind of sweet at the same time.  Now I'm just looking at my life thinking that I have way too much time on my hands and I'm not doing enough with it.  Unfortunately we also have very short memories and I will probably forget all about this in a few weeks.  That's kind of a bummer and anti-climatic.

This post really started getting some momentum and then I killed.  You know what else kills things?  Cancer.  THANKS A FAULT IN OUR STARS FOR THE REMINDER.  But also thank you for the reminder that we don't have a lot of time.  And further, thanks for the reminder that even if we try to do something really amazing with our lives, we're more likely to fall short, because that's just wonderful uplifting stuff.  But really, and less sarcastically, thanks for reminding me that sometimes it's the small things in life that matter more than the bigger ones.  And always it's the people that matter more than anything else.

I really need to spend more time with my friends.

I love you guys.

I'm rambling now.

<3 Kris

No comments:

Post a Comment