February 29, 2012

Jesus Gets Toast, Dumbledore Gets Trucks

My brain may truly be broken.  I was on my way to class today, minding my own business when I made a rather interesting discovery.  I was staring out into space when I realized there was something a little too familiar about the dirt smears on the truck in front of me.  If I had had a camera available, I surely would have recorded the event to post here.  From the long beard to the spectacles, it was absolutely plain as day!  The late headmaster of Hogwarts was staring me right in the face.

That's right!  Dumbledore made his appearance known on the back pannel of the truck.  Someone needs to notify the Catholic Church because we have another potential patron saint on our hands.  Consider the evidence:  Albus Dumbledore died sacrificing himself for the good of the world.  He appeared to Harry Potter in shards of glass, although Harry attributed this to Dumbledore's brother using magic, but everyone can make mistakes.  Then he appeared to Harry again when he passed out from Voldemort's curse to give him useful advice.  Now I have seen his glorious appearing upon a truck.  It is no doubt that this is a modern day miracle.

So let's take a moment to consider what Dumbledore has to offer as a patron saint with a little Q&A I like to call What Would Dumbledore Say? (WWDS).

Dumbledore, wise patron saint of Muggles, what does your appearance on the back of the truck mean?

"I never liked these curtains. I set them on fire in my fourth year. Accidentally, of course."

Um...that doesn't really answer my question, Dumbledore.  Can you be a bit more clear?  I'm sure it's disorienting speaking from beyond the grave.

"Are you Alastor Moody?"

No...

"What will you give me in return, Severus?"

Well, I'm not Severus either, but I suppose I could light a candle or something.

"Soon, we must all make the choice between what is right and what is easy."

Ooooh, so what you meant by your appearance was to inform us that we would have to make a hard decision in the future.  Can you tell us what the right choice to make is?

"Love, Harry. Love."

That's actually a wise answer.  All we need is love, am I right?

"Mm, alas, earwax."

Erm...are you even listening to me?

"Did what? Good night."


So there you have it!  The first conversation with our newest patron saint; Albus Dumbledore Patron Saint of Muggles and the Absent Minded.


Jesus Toast

Dumbledore Toast

It begins...

No comments:

Post a Comment