March 5, 2016

Adulting

So I realized as I got into bed last night that I forgot to post, but I was too tired to get up and do so.  I am sorry about this.  I did remember to pray yesterday though.  Yesterday's prayer was for peace.

Today I did a lot of adult things, hence the title.  I mean, seriously today was the most adult day I've ever done.  Let me break it down for you:

Yesterday I came home to find that the elliptical I bought just before the fridge died and consequently couldn't return arrived.  Well, I could have but it would have been a pain and honestly I wanted to keep it since I used Christmas money to buy it.  Part of me wanted to spend the evening putting it together, but the other part of me decided that I might do something on a Friday night, so I decided not to and watched Charlotte's Web instead (this is not the adult part, obviously).

This morning I woke up really early for a Saturday and came downstairs to begin to put my elliptical together.  It took an hour to get it halfway built and then I had to go do my taxes.  I spent another hour doing taxes with my rep (btw, if you need a good tax rep hit me up, my people are topnotch!).  On my way back into town, I decided to take my boss up on the offer for overtime and spent three hours at work.  After that I went shopping because I have no food in the house, then I came home and spent the next hour finishing building my elliptical.  Immediately after, I decided to test it out and pushed myself to do ten minutes of exercise.  I know it doesn't sound like much, but you don't want to hurt yourself, and this little machine is pretty intense.  I'm sure I'll get my money out of it and I look forward to working my way up to doing more.

I remember when I was a kid, Saturdays were all about video games and relaxing.  I feel much more fulfilled today actually doing things.  A piece of my childhood soul has died.

Today's prayer is for my church's missionary team.

No comments:

Post a Comment