September 10, 2019

Not Sorry

Here's something I'm trying to stop doing: being apologetic.  My first instinct when I started this post was to say "sorry I missed last week" but you know what?  I'm not sorry.  I was legit busy doing super important life stuff that I don't regret.  It's not something I want to talk about now but I might eventually. 

Also a few days ago, I took a really cute picture of myself that I wanted to share.  My first impulse was to be snarky or cute about why I was posting a picture of myself which I think a lot of people do.  Instead I examined my intentions and just decided to be honest.  I was feeling cute and I wanted to share it.  I'm just scared that I'll come off as vain if I post a picture of myself for no reason that I have to remind myself that it's okay to show off once in a while.  I show my kids off enough cause they're adorable, I might as well show myself off when I feel adorable! 

I'm trying to work on my negative Enneagram 9 tendencies.  My default is to think I don't have much of value to contribute so I kind of blend into the background.  So I'm trying to be present and be myself and not assume other people know life better than me.  I always assume others have more authority.  That might be true sometimes but it doesn't mean I have zero.  I think becoming a parent has really helped me to understand that.  When I have to advocate for others, it helped me see how much power I have out in the world. 

And with my new authority, I will BRING THIS POST TO A CLOSE.  Go home now.  It's over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment