April 14, 2013

I Got the Call

I was really looking forward to going out and walking at our farm.  I anticipated having an easy time of walking and getting 10K by going out there.  Instead, it took me twice as long to get 10K.  Fancy that!  It seems like the pedometer I have picks up steps done in town better than in steps done in grass or mud.  I don't really understand that one, it's strange.  Despite the annoyance of trying to get 10K with the pedometer not really picking up steps, I did enjoy being able to go out and walk the property again.  It's been so long since I've done that.  I definitely remember it being so much harder to walk the length of our farm before, when I was a child.  It was hardly difficult at all now.  Such is life and growing up.

I discovered when I went out today that I felt called to prayer.  This is the first time I've ever really felt a calling to prayer.  It was as if I needed to be praying while I walked, the words just coming forth.  To be honest, I've never really prayed much in the past, so I'm rather in uncharted territory.  So feeling the need to pray, not just intending to or wanting to, was another new experience for me.  I'm not really sure what it means, whether I'm developing a habit or whether it's something more.  I really feel like I should talk to someone who has had more devotion to prayer than I have.  Maybe my sponser from RCIA.

Tomorrow marks my second week of walking 10K with God.  If I didn't quit in my first week, I hope this bodes well for the next five.

No comments:

Post a Comment