August 13, 2019

Conflict

Summer break is over!  I'm so glad it's only 2 months.  I don't know how much more of it I could handle.  Bishop and Marshall's new favorite activity is fighting about everything.  Sometimes they fight for fun, sometimes Marshall makes Bishop mad on purpose and vice versa, and sometimes they're legit mad at each other for reasons that are very hard to figure out.  It's nice that they are now separated 6 hours a day so they have less opportunity to fight and they seem to like each other more when they are together.  I also have more energy now.  I cleaned the whole kitchen on Bishops first day back.  It was super clean for like half a day.  Now I just need to do the whole rest of the apartment! 

The most exciting thing we did this summer was go see Hugh Jackman Live!  It was a great show and you could tell he was having a lot of fun doing it.  We were planning that trip for 9 months.  Everything went smoothly and we went to Santa Cruz the next day because my parents offered to keep the kids an extra day.  So the kids got to bond with Grandma and Grandpa and we got to live like we were dating again.  It was like time travel but better cause we appreciated our time more.  Also it's nice to have an opportunity to miss our kids because we appreciate them more too. 

I've been thinking about what kind of stories I want to write and I might start posting some short stories on this blog.  I tend to think too big scale but I should really start with some small stuff.  I want to try writing at least one story in every genre.  I think that would be a fun exercise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment