June 11, 2019

Week One

I'm still alive.  I haven't had ANY wine yet.  Who could have predicted that?  I think in anticipation of losing my mind, I was able to plan my days carefully so I haven't gone crazy yet.  I noticed the first days of this week are supposed to be up in the 100s so I took the kids outside early in the day.  It's actually nice to hang outside when it's still 75 out while I sip my coffee and watch the kids play.  I brought a towel and just chilled on the grass.  I might keep doing it even when it's not going to be super hot out. 

Also the summer is still young.  There's still plenty of time to go crazy.  I'm not trying to say 2.5 days of sanity equals success.  My kids fight for fun now so it's only a matter of time before my patience wears thin. 

I have started working on my other writing exercises.  I was inspired by listening to a stand-up routine and now I have 4 almost fully fleshed out characters.  I've been working on it every day for almost a week now.  Maybe it'll actually turn into something this time.  It feels a lot more doable than most of my past ideas.  I'm feeling hopeful.  And a lot more day-dreamy than usual.  I think that's a good sign.  So best case scenario: I'll have a rough draft by the end of the summer.  Worst case: I'll never finish it and forget it ever happened.  Hopefully I'll end up somewhere in between. 

So I'm taking a few months off.  I'll be back in August! 

No comments:

Post a Comment