March 5, 2019

My Hat



Yesterday was crazy hat day at Bishops school.  Since he doesn't really have any hats, I let him wear mine.  Marshall got super jealous and started crying as we left.  Bishop let him wear it during the walk to school.  That made everyone happy.  


Sometimes he's super considerate like that and I didn't even have to ask him.  Or subtly hint.  He made that decision all on his own.  

I wish that was the end of the story.  My hat came home broken.  I mean I'm not that surprised.  I did send it to school with a 5 year old.  He told his teacher I could sew it back.  So it should be fixed in about 6 months.  It took me months to fix a button on Johns shirt.  And it was his favorite shirt too.  But the penguin hat is mine and no one is waiting on me to fix it so it'll probably never get done.  But it's okay.  I have another penguin hat somewhere.  

The moral of this story is: always have a back up penguin hat.  You never know when you might need it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment