January 29, 2019

Marshall Trap

I'm pretty sure I've blogged before about the infamous "Angela Trap".  It's basically any cat I come across outside that lets me pet it.  John noted very early in our relationship that if someone wanted to trap me, all it would take is a friendly cat and I'd be gone.  So every cat I randomly come across is an "Angela Trap".  Today I realized they are also "Marshall Traps".  He has inherited my absolute need to pet any cat that holds still for 2 seconds.  We've been coming across an adorable orange cat recently that lives somewhere in our complex and it is very difficult to get Marshall to focus and continue walking when we come across him.  And to make matters worse, I've officially retired the monkey leash so I often have to grab his hand to drag him away from the trap.  And he's chased the cat into a few bushes.  Probably under some cars.  It's like he has magnets in his hands.  It's adorable.  And frustrating cause we got places to be. 

It's interesting to see the behaviors I'm passing on.  Most of mine are going to Marshall.  He loves stuffies.  And Moana.  And cats and cuddling and making faces at when people tell him he's cute.  He even loves pink.  He's a mini-me. 

This is the only picture I've managed to get of the trap.  The other times I was too busy petting him.

No comments:

Post a Comment