January 8, 2019

Post-holiday

Vacation is officially over.  Bishop went back to school today.  Now I get to wake up early and hang out with Marshall all day.  His vocabulary is expanding every day.  Soon I'll have a formidable conversation partner.  We can have philosophical debates.  Or talk about poop.  Kids seem to enjoy gross topics.  Bishops about 50/50 between extremely curious and saying everything has poop on it. 

We got the kids bunk beds for Christmas.  Yesterday we dissembled the queen bed and it was like Christmas morning all over again.  There were toys under there they probably haven't seen since we moved in here.  Also one of Marshall's missing bottles that was probably growing something toxic and a pile of baby wipes Marshall threw behind the bed at some point.  I'm so glad the bunk beds are light enough to move around so we can clean under the bed more than once every 2 years.  Kids are gross.  Just like their sense of humor.  This is exactly why God made them so goddamn cute. 

So for Christmas, the only thing Bishop asked for was a lego x-wing.  Since his list of demands was so small, I wanted to make sure he got it.  But the full size lego x-wing is a little expensive for something a 5 year old will be playing with and probably losing all the pieces within a few weeks.  So I decided to get him the small one for under $10 and hope it was good enough.  I also got him a small lego millennium falcon and a small lego spider-man set just in case he was disappointed with the small x-wing.  So Christmas morning he opens his tiny lego x-wing and he jumps up and down and says "It's exactly what I wanted!".  Blew my mind.  And thank God I didn't get the bigger one.  He probably would have loved it but it would have been such a waste.  I'm so glad he was happy with what he got.  I love seeing that little jerk excited. 

Last night was their first night on the bunk beds.  Here they are settling in. 

Marshall's hiding in the shadows

No comments:

Post a Comment