October 3, 2019

Faking it

On Tuesday I sat down to write my blog (like a consistent person who has their shit together) but then my brain was completely hijacked by financial issues.  Don't worry, we're fine.  We're just planning an expensive vacation.  I just get really uncomfortable spending large amounts of money and it pushed my brain away from writing.  That is why I'm writing BEFORE I pay bills.  That way I can get the creative stuff out of my brain before the numbers kill all of it! 

Marshall is trying to drag me away to look at glow-in-the-dark dinosaur fossils.  We've had this book since before he was born but he's acting like it's completely new to me.  It's like that scene in Parks and Rec when Andy gets 1,000 one dollar bills from the bank and asks the teller if she's ever seen so much money.  Her response is "yeah... I just handed it to you."  I think about that scene every day.  My kids are often acting like I should be super impressed with things I just gave them.  It's a good thing kids don't understand sarcasm because I'm pretty sure most of excitement sounds super sarcastic.  I mean I'm not being a dick on purpose but faking emotions isn't easy. 

Alright, I need to go kill my brain with some numbers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment