August 9, 2012

Names

Today I decided to start working on a short story.  Now I'm hung up on names.  Name hunting has always been the hardest part of story telling for me.  I want the name to be unique but not so unique that people look at it and go "ew".  Its also nice if it has that special meaning that fits the character just right.  In this case, I'm trying to name two brothers so I also have to keep in mind that the same person would have named them both so I couldn't name one of them Mike and the other Agathangelos.  Unless of course I had the mom die in childbirth and the crazy cape wearing uncle had to name him.  That's a whole story I don't even have time to write about. 

Maybe I'll go play Diablo instead. 

2 comments:

  1. I usually do an internet search of baby names.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what I do. THERE'S NO MANY CHOICES KRIS! TOO MANY CHOICES

    ReplyDelete