May 11, 2013

One Week To Go

I just wanted to update on my 10K, I don't really have a lot to talk about, though.  I'm still keeping up with my goal and I only have 8 days left.  Yay!  I'm actually kind of looking forward to being able to walk as much or as little as I like.  I started to discover I really don't like being bound to this pedometer.  It's like a constant reminder of potential success or failure.  Even if you try not to be consciously aware of it, it seeps into your consciousness and takes over.  I'm finding myself becoming more and more preoccupied with at least getting 10K and less and less able to focus on anything else while I walk, which is something that has become annoying to me.  I'm already easily distractable and I think the whole point of doing this was to get better at my prayer life and to start trying to make choices which would help me to become more active.  If nothing else, I think I succeeded in laying the foundation for both.

I'll try to put up a few more updates this week!  After that, I'm not sure how often I'll keep up with this blog.  I'm trying to find a job and life is starting to catch up with me.  If nothing else, I'll be back during Lent!

No comments:

Post a Comment