May 21, 2013

End of 10K

I was too tired to post yesterday.  I pretty much fell asleep right after dinner and had been running around since I got out of school, one of those days.  I did manage to finish the 10k!  Woo!  I missed my goal of 15K but just barely.  Unfortunately, my schedule got very busy and I ran out of time to keep walking even that extra bit.  I can't even make up for it, because my pedometer decided to run away RIGHT after I recorded the last of my steps.  I have no idea where that sucker went to, it's just gone.  My students decided they wanted to tally up how far I went and it came into somewhere around 450K for six weeks, just under half a million steps.  I find it both impressive and equally sad that I can't even make half a million steps in a little over a month.  Either way, I'm feeling better and even looking a little better.  I noticed today that since I've been outside so much walking I've picked up some color and lost some weight.  I look happier too.

To celebrate the end of the 10K, I blatantly did not walk today.  I'm kind of regretting that decision now, but it gave me some time to do other things I might have put off if I had gone for a walk...and I'm pretty much a night owl anyway so maybe I'll still go out for a bit now that it's cooling down.  So, yay!  I did it!  I did 10K steps a day for six weeks!

Now onto the next project:  journaling every day for a month to help someone out with their master's thesis.  I think God is just giving me opportunities to work on my writing and continue my spiritual growth now!

No comments:

Post a Comment