May 21, 2019

TV Rambles

I ended up skipping last week.  It wasn't completely intentional but I didn't try very hard.  I had planned to blog on back-up day because I was babysitting on Tuesday.  And then Thursday rolled around and I was just cranky and moody.  I think.  I just remember my reason was only semi-legit.  Bishops going to be out of school in a few weeks, maybe I'll use that to do a make up blog. 

Brandi and I went to a concert this weekend.  We saw the Strumbellas.  They were amazing!  It was a nice opportunity to cut loose after being traumatized by Game of Thrones last week.  I'm pretty sure that's the only show that has a real effect on my life in terms of needing recovery time.  Although I was pretty traumatized by The Ring in high school.  But that was a movie, so my point stands.  I'm way too sensitive to watch horror movies.  Sometimes I'm way too sensitive for normal people in everyday life.  It's kind of embarrassing.  I'm very thankful to be married to an extrovert.  This is the whole reason opposites attract.  All of our dumb qualities are balanced out by the others strengths. 

So we did the concert on Saturday.  Then Sunday we watched the last episode ever of Game of Thrones.  It was a lot less traumatizing.  It was okay.  Not entirely satisfying but it does make me want to get back into the books for the rest of the story.  I finished book one a while back.  Now I'm slowly making my way through Les Miserables.  It's 1,000 pages but I am determined to get through it.  I just finished the PBS mini-series.  It is not a musical but all the songs are stuck in my head now anyway.  The mini-series was really good.  Now I need something new to watch in the morning.  I have to find the sweet spot of shows that I like but that John doesn't care about watching.  Maybe I'll get into Downton Abbey. 

This is what happens when I don't plan ahead.  I end up rambling about TV shows. 

No comments:

Post a Comment